Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 3

Sorry everyone on the late update... Its been a little CrAzY!... My plane ride was pretty easy other than the 5 minutes I had to get to my connecting flight... it was pretty nuts... When I got off my plane in Lafayette... Grant was waiting there and we were so excited to see one another that we went out to the parking lot and realized I forgot to get my checked luggage : ) haha so we had to go back and get it...

Its been muggy and rainy here which is actually feeling good bc my skin isnt all dry anymore...His family is SO NICE... and they are all just like him... Today was the brunch and I have to admit that for about 2 hours we talked about funny stories about Grant... Most of them about his Greg Focker moments from back in Missouri and then Thanksgiving in Kansas....

The brunch was give by his dad's cousin.... There was a printed out menu which she will let me take home so you all can see it.. it was so cute it said Jessi & Grant on it.. I met some people from the Conrad side of the family and then after they all left we (me grant his mom..his grandma.. and his great aunt) looked at pictures and talked... They all told me that I had their stamp of approval and that we were absolutely adorable... : ) I guess they  loved me even tho I was only able to spit out one yes mam.. haha which felt SO AWKWARD.

Im going out of order here but oh well.. Yesterday we played apples to apples with his brother Jace.. his brothers friend Rebecca..his dad.. and grant..They all LOVED the game.. and Jace picked my card everytime which started to get pretty funny... Then we went to this restuarant that serves the best hamburgs since like 1900 something....They are famous for their burgers as well as not serving french fries..they serve cajun potatoe chips instead... I havent had a chance to take many pictures yet because so far all we have done is meet family and go to dinner and see a movie so No worries! more pictures are coming soon.
For some reason it wont let me rotate the picture... anyways... I dont have much down time which makes it difficult to update this blog but I will do the best I can.. Tonight is NYE and were not sure where we will end up but we are going out to a mexican restaurant and having a margarita...

I feel like Im living in a dream world where Im on constant vacation... Grant treats me amazing no matter where we are... missouri..with his family.. in front of his friends... it doesnt matter... I am having SUCH a great time and its only day 3... SO HAPPY. : )

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad they are not holding it against you that you don't say "yes mam" all the time:) I hope you took pictures at the Brunch! Every event warents a picture!!! I would love to see pictures of you guys with the family. Grant is one in a million and i'm not surprised that he treats you with respect and is AMAZING. Enjoy every single moment! You both deserve it, my sunshiny balls of happiness:-D Have a safe and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...NOW I'm happy! Thanks for taking time to post. haha I love the pics and I read your post to grandpa and when he saw the chip bag....he told me to tell you to bring him some!! And I really think he means it too. Of course they might get a bit stale by the time he would be able to eat them....but oh well! LOL
    I had no doubt that you would be having a wonderful time and of course they would all love you. What a great start to this Happy New Year!! Love you....both!!!

    ReplyDelete